Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Newsworthy


So yesterday I get a call from Bernie asking me if I want to be part of the first human powered news cast in the history of the world. WOW! Do I! I said. So John R., Bernie and I go to the Fairgrounds at 4:30 AM and power up the news for an hour. The room was pretty cool, you should stop and see it at the fair. 8 bikes all electronically monitored show watts and all that good stuff on a big screen. Bernie took off like a shot and try as I might I couldn't reel him in. He broke the machine twice by storing 499.9 watts of energy. The system would shut down when he hit that number. Thank goodness John was there to remind me that Bernie has to use more watts to carry his weight around. HA!

If we had this technology for our winter spins we would end up killing each other. It was very fun riding with the Medtronic people. I highly recommend checking it out at the fair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The saying is true. I have a face for radio.

Anonymous said...

Line of the day: "I'm a 2nd grade teacher."