Friday, August 24, 2007

Inspirational

I rode 100 miles yesterday with 2 eighth graders and an eleventh grader. The fifth grade girl rode 60 miles. Dylan, Joe, Garrett and Mikayla should be very proud of themselves. You should have seen the bikes they were riding, simply incredible. Joe was riding a 24 inch mountain bike with about 160 crank arms, amazing. He was holding the wheel of the junior in high school on a 3% railroad grade, we were moving and he looked fine.

He is a commuter... Commuters are always strong. His family rides everywhere in town, even on the hottest days. He finished 100 looking like he could go another 50.

Dylan was on a old Schwinn 50 pound bike and he did great too. Two more names to add to my century list. I love seeing people complete 100 for the first time. You can see the pride and satisfaction in the ride. Good job you guys! Thanks for a great ride!

Oh, and I love centuries. I love being there for when people get their first century. It changes the way a person relates to riding. I have been there for Garrett, Jake, Blake, Brett, Adam, Jake C., John, Jeff, Larry, Dave, Belinda, Scott A., Bob, Bill, Mike, Scott C., Scott S., Jason M., Craig, and now Joe and Dylan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids did 25 today on their "single speeds."