Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Time Trials- Speed Work

I went skiing last night for 2 hours and it was fun. For the first time this season I did time trials through the park. I love time trialing for training because you are racing yourself. You start to notice things about your body and you really focus on technique. One of the time trials I did last night is a course that I had not timed for a couple years. I already had a long ski in my legs and I beat my old time by a minute. That feels good! I may be getting dropped by all my friends but I am getting faster and that is a rewarding feeling. It is good to race yourself... everyone should try it. I even tell my students to time themselves running around their house and then to focus on beating that time. If they really focus on it they might sleep different, eat different, and train different. It is good for everyone to set a goal and fun too!

No comments: